Sunday, February 21, 2010

1st Day of Service Learning

Well today was technically my first day of my service learning experience. My tasks for the day were less than spectacular. Tomorrow is the first day of the new spring classes so my job was to call teachers and parents of the children attending classes to let them know if there class was running as scheduled, some classes were cancelled because a too few participants . I will be doing my service learning at a great organization that is close to my home. http://www.parentresource.org/ The Parent Resource Center specializes in structured classes for children of all ages. They also have birthday parties, children's concerts "which I will be working at on one Saturday," and a outreach program for low income families. This program is special because it gives the child a chance to participate in fun and educational activities that the parents couldn't normally afford without this assistance. Tomorrow I will be starting my first full day of activites with a shift from 12 - 4. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment