Friday, January 22, 2010

Service Learning



I am currently a nursing major. This semester I am in pediatrics. I hope to one day work in a NICU and to either achieve my masters as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner or a Nurse Anesthetist. I have one child and one due in June. I feel I would like to do my service learning with children. I work with young athletes at my present job as a personal trainer. I would enjoy spreading my knowledge on fitness and sports to a younger age group that can't afford the hefty fee of training at a gym. I have always played sports since a young age and I feel that it's a great way to teach kids how to communicate, teamwork, sportsmanship.






1 comment:

  1. 35/40

    I enjoyed reading about your experiences at the PRC. Your s-l blog is certainly interesting to read, but could profit from a bit more thoroughness and critical reflection upon the experiences you describe.

    ReplyDelete