Monday, April 26, 2010
Thoughts On My Service Location
We discussed this topic in class. I feel my location was a great place for a freshmen to do service learning. This was a very well ran organization and many of the people working there are volunteers. I was very fortunate because the community outreach program that I wanted to take part in was only ran on Wed. mornings. I had no issues with my hospital clinical so I was able to take part in that experience. Other than that they were very catering to what my schedule was and they were so thankful of the time that I spent there. I want to do some more hours helping this summer when I have some extra time. They have summer camps for kids of all ages and from what I hear the kids have so much fun attending these camps. After working in an organization such as this, I feel great that I was able to see how volunteers can spend just a fraction of their time with these children and can make such a positive impact in their lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good for you!
ReplyDelete