Friday, April 16, 2010
Final Reflection
I have finished my last day at my location and I have mixed emotions. I'm not going to lie, one part of me feels relieved that I'm done and can put more attention to my school work and family. But I also feel upset that I won't be helping these kids anymore. I know that there are many qualified teachers and volunteers that dedicate their time and service to this organization but helping these children made me feel good. I know community service isn't about trying to make yourself feel good but it's for the population your working with to feel good. But in my case I feel that I achieved both and I'm proud to say that working with these kids has opened my eyes to how good helping the less fortunate can feel. It's heart warming to know when I leave not only will the children have a smile on there face but I will too. I also feel that this experience helped me to be a better father and I now know what to expect as my son matures. I got a chance to see how children of all ages and races interact. It's amazing to see these children so pure. They have no problems with each other based on race or financial situations. They can be molded into great human beings without prejudices. Knowing how impressionable young children can be I only hope I can teach my son to be able to stay pure of heart and not to judge individuals based on their life situations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment