Monday, March 1, 2010
PRC Winter Concert
Saturday was a concert for the kids at the Parent Resource Center. The event was fun and had a great turnout. I helped with refreshments and played with the kids while a DJ had a dance party going. They charged $5 per person for the entry fee for people 1 and older. This is a little steep in my opinion. I know that the money goes to fund these events and the classes they have, but I know my family of 3 and soon to be 4 wouldn't spend $15-$20 on an event like this for a couple hours. I do alot of things with my family when I can. I spend time with them when I should be doing something else. One thing I've noticed since moving to Long Island from St. Louis is that fathers don't spend as much time with their children. I know that this area is competitive and you have to keep up with the Jones's, so work is very time consuming. It was a great feeling to see so many dads at this event. I don't think I've been to anything on Long Island that had so many dads at one event. I actually talked to a couple of guys that want to get together for a beer, the wives always go out and get a night off so we figured we should too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment